102: "Strength is the common thread that we develop in this military life over and over again." Education, resources and community with Wendi Iacobello
Wendi Iacobello is a military spouse, mom to a toddler boy, blogger, freelance writer, published author, and curriculum consultant. She spent almost 10 years in the public education sector before becoming a military spouse. These days, you can usually find her chasing around her active toddler and exploring all the local finds at her duty station. She's passionate about her advocacies in helping the military community, especially the spouses, to find and connect with available resources through her articles.
Connect with Wendi:
- Wendi's 10-year journey in public education
- Wendi's freelance writing career for military community
- The evolution of the Strength for spouses website
- The new Parent Support Program and some recommended resources for military spouses - https://installations.militaryonesource.mil/military-installation/fort-sill/military-and-family-support-center/new-parent-support-program
- The importance of being outside for mental health and physical health
- An advocate for military couples who have lost a baby or undergoing infertility treatment
- Go out and connect with your community because, in those communities, you're able to find those relevant resources that are trustworthy.
- Find ways that work for you to exercise and go outside because it is important for your mental health and physical health.
- Explore your community outside and think of different ways to develop your inner strength in this life, and let your passions guide you to your purpose.
Military spouses are not just looking for a job—they are looking for a calling. Join us for this webinar so you can learn how to start a business, become self-employed, and maximize your military financial benefits. All attendees will get a free toolkit. Scott Tucker and Jen Amos from US VetWealth will present a new and useful toolkit for military spouses who are seeking agile and purposeful employment on Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 12:00 PM (EDT). Register for FREE at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/military-spouses-toolkit-for-agile-and-purposeful-employment-tickets-164542684599
Check out our latest updates: https://mailchi.mp/74d56c8599ef/holdingdownthefort
Stay updated! Subscribe to our newsletter http://eepurl.com/gTTOdT
Visit our website https://www.holdingdownthefortpodcast.com/
Sponsored by US VetWealth - Protect and Leverage Your Wealth with The War Chest Strategy™. Schedule your FREE consultation call today at https://usvetwealth.com/war-chest-strategy/
November 2020, Jen Amos and Holding Down the Fort Podcast was awarded “Media Professional of the Year” at The Rosie Network Entrepreneur Awards! We've also been featured in multiple media outlets including Legacy Magazine, U.S. Veterans Magazine, The American MilSpouse, VeteranCrowd Network, It's a Military Life, VirtForce, Military Veteran Dad Podcast, and much more.