She's known as “The Seasoned Spouse," a professional writer, mother of five, and she's a returning guest: Lizann Lightfoot! We catch up with Lizann and her incredible journey in writing her book, Open When: Letters of Encouragement for Military Spouses. With seasonedspouse.com, Lizann has become an inspiration to young military spouses, and she aspires to give them motivation and encouragement as they're moving through the early stages of their military lives.
- Lizann's journey on writing her book, Open When: Letters of Encouragement for Military Spouses
- A blog dedicated to young spouses
- The power of sharing your story
- The importance of community support to both seasoned and young spouses
- Two things that people are looking for in challenging situations
- We're not alone, we don't have to do life alone, and you shouldn't do life alone.
- Would Lizann have chosen a different life?
- Be open about your journey because sharing your journey may help other people that might be in a similar situation
- Seasoned spouses need just as much support as young military spouses
- There are two things that people are looking for in challenging situations: empathy and connection.
Connect with Lizann:
- Open When: Letters of Encouragement for Military Spouses https://tinyurl.com/OpenWhenAmazon
- Ep. 17 Interview: https://www.holdingdownthefortpodcast.com/episode/lizann-lightfoot
Our latest updates (including Jen's Vets2Industy Keynote Speech): https://mailchi.mp/74d56c8599ef/holdingdownthefort
Stay updated! Subscribe to our newsletter http://eepurl.com/gTTOdT
Visit our website https://www.holdingdownthefortpodcast.com/
Sponsored by US VetWealth - Protect and Leverage Your Wealth with The War Chest Strategy™. Schedule your FREE consultation call today at https://usvetwealth.com/war-chest-strategy/
November 2020, Jen Amos and Holding Down the Fort Podcast was awarded “Media Professional of the Year” at The Rosie Network Entrepreneur Awards! We've also been featured in multiple media outlets including Legacy Magazine, U.S. Veterans Magazine, The American MilSpouse, VeteranCrowd Network, It's a Military Life, VirtForce, Military Veteran Dad Podcast, and much more.