115: "Transition is a mindset." Providing free comprehensive educational resources and opportunities with Jai Salters
Naval Officer, Founder of ACT NOW Education and Spirit of Bob Hope recipient Jai Salters has been mentally retired for the last 10 years, despite still being on active duty. He reflects on how and why he attained 14-15 certifications within a year and a half, the catalyst to starting ACT NOW Education, the importance of doing your due diligence for transition, and resources that military spouses can take advantage of today.
Connect with Jai Salters
- Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/ACTNOWEDUCATION/ (inquire about their private Facebook Group)
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/actnoweducation/
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/act-now-education/
- American Corporate Partners (ACP) https://www.acp-usa.org/
- LinkedIn Free 1-year Premium subscription https://socialimpact.linkedin.com/programs/veterans/premiumform
- Onward to Opportunity (O2O) - Career Training - Institute for Veterans and Military Families https://ivmf.syracuse.edu/programs/career-training/about-o2o/
- Vets2Industry - https://vets2industry.org/
- #LinkedInMilCity - https://www.linkedin.com/company/linkedinmilcity/
Guest Applications are now open! Apply to be on our show at https://forms.gle/YdoNX9aR8RTEKpnCA
Stay updated! Subscribe to our newsletter http://eepurl.com/gTTOdT
Visit our website https://www.holdingdownthefortpodcast.com/
Sponsored by US VetWealth: Get FREE access to the Military Spouse's ToolKit for Agile and Purposeful Employment https://usvetwealth.com/military-spouses-toolkit-for-agile-and-purposeful-employment/
September 2021, the show made the Final Slate in the 16th Annual People's Choice Podcast Awards for the Government & Organizations category. November 2020, Jen Amos and Holding Down the Fort Podcast was awarded “Media Professional of the Year” at The Rosie Network Entrepreneur Awards! We've also been featured in multiple media outlets including Legacy Magazine, U.S. Veterans Magazine, The American MilSpouse, VeteranCrowd Network, It's a Military Life, VirtForce, Military Veteran Dad Podcast, and much more.