October is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month. Dr. Nikki Watkins and Heather Wilson vulnerably share their personal experiences, their advocacy work in honor of their losses, and encouraging advice to military family members on grieving and healing.
Dr. Nikki Watkins is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, the Clinic Director of the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at VVSD, and author of You Are Not Alone: Rediscovering Faith in God After Infant Loss. Heather Wilson is the Outreach Manager at the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at The Up Center and the Founder of Kennedy’s Angel Gowns.
- Kennedy’s Angel Gowns https://kennedysangelgowns.org/
- 5K Angel Run event October 16th, 2021 https://kennedysangelgowns.org/5k-angel-run/
- Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at VVSD https://vvsd.net/cohenclinicsandiego/
- Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at The Up Center https://www.theupcenter.org/cohenclinic/
- You Are Not Alone: Rediscovering Faith in God After Infant Loss by Dr. Nikki Watkins LMFT https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asin=B0785NY7XF&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_77G5MB1Q093N19M302ZM
- The Silent Grief of Infant Loss by Dr. Nikki Watkins https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Oz-2pLnygW1RI_W_tQZsFqLCAXMzjNIf/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=116343172479719843331&rtpof=true&sd=true
- Empty Cradle https://www.emptycradle.org/
- GriefShare https://www.griefshare.org/
For our latest updates: https://mailchi.mp/a3b25a1f4964/holdingdownthefort
Guest Applications are now open! Apply to be on our show at https://forms.gle/YdoNX9aR8RTEKpnCA
Stay updated! Subscribe to our newsletter http://eepurl.com/gTTOdT
Visit our website https://www.holdingdownthefortpodcast.com/
Sponsored by US VetWealth: Get FREE access to the Military Spouse's ToolKit for Agile and Purposeful Employment https://usvetwealth.com/military-spouses-toolkit-for-agile-and-purposeful-employment/
September 2021, the show made the Final Slate in the 16th Annual People's Choice Podcast Awards for the Government & Organizations category. November 2020, Jen Amos and Holding Down the Fort Podcast was awarded “Media Professional of the Year” at The Rosie Network Entrepreneur Awards! We've also been featured in multiple media outlets including Legacy Magazine, U.S. Veterans Magazine, The American MilSpouse, VeteranCrowd Network, It's a Military Life, VirtForce, Military Veteran Dad Podcast, and much more.